Friday, December 4, 2009

Making Grandma's Donuts

My cousin Jackie and her husband Brad, (above) hosted a dinner and donut making party at their beautiful home a few weeks ago! We had delicious homemade soups by Jackie and such a wonderful time of fun together. She made our grandma's homemade donut and sticky bun recipe. Brad fried them up in the frier and they had such yummy toppings for us to drizzle overtop! THEY WERE SOOOO GOOD! And then she had leftover dough and made us each a round of the homemade sticky buns too!!! What a treat!! I had about 20 donuts too many, but I couldn't stop eating them. Thanks again for such a fun evening guys!


It was pouring rain and rather chilly this evening and Brad made a tent overtop of their deck and had a fire pit going-what an experience! :)

7 comments:

  1. Finally an update. :) I love the picture of your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited to read another special, fun post. This looks like so much fun! Grandma would be so proud of each of you. I happen to know this is one of the dearest groups of people anywhere. Thanks for sharing your creative and so delicious event.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish we could have been there. Looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you thank you thank you...I love new posts on your blog, Linds!!!!!!!! I miss you so much and it makes it a little easier to read and see what you're up to and those precious precious girls! I cannot get enough of your blog! and I have to see those babies again! When???????????????? I miss Barb and Laur so much too! I can't even stand it! I will miss our special LLBB girls' christmas! :(
    LOVE YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE your family picture at the top of your blog! WOW! What a stunning family! So good-looking!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok....so it's early Sunday morning, and I am REALLY wishing I had a generous helping of those sticky buns to go with my lukewarm coffee!!!! :) While we were in the middle of new twins/moving, my heart was there...and so were my taste buds! Thanks for the picturs and for admitting you ate 20 donuts too many. :)

    I love the new background and your family picture really IS beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The photo of your family at the top is absolutely stunning Lindsay! It makes me happy just looking at it!

    ReplyDelete